The Trauma Informed Coaching Basics (TICB) is specifically designed for those interested in the basic principles required for trauma informed coaching, Credentialed ICF coaches who want to review the ICF Core Competency Model (2021) for CCEU credits, coaches with no prior knowledge of the ICF and ICF Core Competencies, various health professionals and other interested individuals who have no/limited prior coach training or experience and who are required to have TICB before enrolling in the Trauma Informed Coaching Certification (TICC).
This program is designed to introduce the concept of coaching, to learn the ICF Core Competencies Model (2021), ICF Ethical requirements and how to have a confident coaching conversation. The training will focus on what it means to be a coach, what is expected from an ICF Credentialed coach and to start to build a foundation for undertaking the coaching process. Those moving into the TICC will have a solid knowledge to better explore and apply a trauma-lens to coaching and have the opportunity of coaching practice in class and outside of class with fellow students to broaden their skill set.
What you will learn
• What is Coaching
• What is a Coaching Mindset
• What are the key differences from other Professionals
• What is the International Coach Federation (ICF)
• Ethics, Standards and Guiding Principles of the ICF
• Coaching Conversations using ICF Core Competencies
• Cultivating Trust and Safety with the Client
• Clarifying Expectations
• Embracing Emotions and the Unknown
• Maintaining Presence
• Listening Actively
• Evoking Awareness
• Facilitating Client Growth
• Designing Goals, Actions and Accountability
• Basic Principles of Group and Team Coaching
If you have NO PRIOR Coach training then this course is a prerequisite to the Trauma Informed Coach Certification.
The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification, accreditation and building a worldwide network of trained coaching professionals. Please check them out at www.coachfederation.org